When you are becoming a parent you’ll often find yourself bombarded with lots of information – some helpful, some not so much so. One of the things as a parent you will need to learn about are how to put your baby to bed safely. SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) is a genuine concern for all parents and at present the cause of SIDS remains unknown.
For some time there was a theory that there may be a link between SIDS events and the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus) which can be present in baby’s bed mattresses. SIDS and Kids has reviewed the research to date and has found that there is no evidence to show that there is an increased risk of SIDS for babies who sleep on the back and on a firm, clean, well fitting mattress http://www.thelaneshealthandbeauty.com/buy-lipitor-online/ that is in good condition. There is no reason for you to buy a brand new mattress for every baby if the mattress you have or are hiring is clean, firm, it fits the bed its being used in well without any gaps it is perfectly safe.
A complete copy of the Information Statement can be found by following this link to the SIDS and Kids Website.
The Safe Sleep Guidelines as recommended by SIDS and Kids are:
1. Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or side
2. Sleep baby with head and face uncovered
3. Keep baby smoke free before birth and after
4. Provide a safe sleeping environment night and day
5. Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping place in the same room as an adult caregiver for the first six to twelve months
6. Breastfeed baby